I have used some vegetables like beans, carrots and little coriander leaves.
It can be for one pot meal or kitty parites. Good for long journeys since there is no coconut used. You can also pack for lunch box for office goers and kids.
Lets see the recipe now.
Ingredients:Rice: 2 cup (Used Basmati rice)
Beans: 1/4 Kg
Green chilly : 1
Black Pepper: 4 to 6 seeds
Cummin seeds: 1/2 Tea spoon
Cloves: 4 to 6
Cineman: 2 to 3 small piece
Cardamom : 2
Salt: to taste
Butter: 2 Tablespoons
Ginger: a small piece
Water : 4 Cups
Method:1. Wash rice and drain all the water and keep the rice aside. (Let it rest for 10 minutes).
2. Cut all the vegetables according to your wish. Cut green chillies and ginger and keep it aside.
3. Keep a frying pan on the fire and heat. Put butter, Let it melt slightly.
4. Add jeera, clove, cinneman, whole pepper, cardamom pods and fry for 10 seconds.
5. Add cut ginger and green chilly, cut beans and carrots.
7. Now shift the fried vegetable rice mixture to a pressure cooker. Add 2 to 2 1/2 cups of water.
8. Add salt and wash and cut coriander leaves. Add a pinch of turmeric powder or fresh saffaron flakes.(2 to 3). (Optional).
9. Now close the pressure cooker lid. Keep it on the fire. Let it boil for a while. Then place the weight on the top.
10. Cook for at least 8 to 10 minutes. Put off the fire and let it cool.
11. Now remove the pressure cooker lid and mix the fried rice nicely and put it in a serving dish.
Note :You can add more vegetables like peas, cauliflower and potatoes etc. Adding butter is optional. You can use any cooking oil instead of butter. Adding any sauce is optional. Soya, tomato sauce can be added. You can also use powdered pepper instead of pods. Use of onions and garlic is optional.
Remember the water quantity should be
Basmati rice 1 = 2 , Sona Masoori - 1 cup rice = 3 cups of water. One should use raw rice to get tasty fried rice.
Time : 30 minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.