I have prepared Carrot Paratas, using carrots, onions and little spices. It can be prepared easily and you don't have to look for a curry for this parata. A cup of curd and a little pickle will help you to enjoy your Carrot Parata.
Carrots are rich in anti - oxidants, vitamins and dietary fiber. They have very less amount of fat and no cholesterol. They are rich in Vitamin . Beta-carotene is one of the powerful natural anti oxidant that helps and protect human body from harmful oxygen free radical injury. They are good in Vitamin C and it helps the body to maintain healthy connective tissue, teeth and gum. They are rich in many B-complex group of vitamins such as folic acid. They contian minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, manganese and phosphorus
Carrot Parota can be eaten at anytime of the day. It can be prepared for breakfast, or evening snack and for dinner.
Things Needed :Wheat flour; 2 cup
Carrot: 2 to 3 ( medium size )
Onion : 2 (small size)
Green chillies: 2
Coriander leaves: 6 to 8 sticks.
Ginger: a small piece
Cummin/Jeera seeds: 1/2 Tea spoon
Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/cumin powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt: to taste.
Oil: 3 to 4 Table spoon
Method:1. Wash and grate (just remove the outer layer) carrots. Cut onions into small pieces.
2. Wash and cut coriander leaves and green chilly into thin pieces.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and jeera. Fry for 10seconds. Add cut onions and fry for a minute.
8. Take a small portion of dough and kneed it. Flatten the dough slightly and place a tablespoon of ready carrot onion mixture.
9. Cover the dough from all side and make it as a ball.
11. Take filled wheat dough, dip it in the flour and roll slowly with a ruler. Let it be bit thick.
12. Heat tava on the fire and sprinkle oil on it. Place the rolled carrot onion parata on the tava.
13. Cook on both side and sprinkle some oil on both side. Let the parata turn slightly golden brown on each side.
15. Repeat the same with remaining dough.
Note :Let the fried mixture be completely dry while cooking. You can use more or less chilly. (optional). Using ghee or butter to cook parata is optional. You can use more or less spices.
Time : 30 to 40 minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 people .