Here I have used Yalakki banana and are very tasty once they are ripen.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Banana : 6 to 8
Almond : 1 Cup
Jaggery : 3/4 Cup
Ghee : 1/2 Cup
Cardamom : 3 to 4 Pods
1. Remove banana skin and smash banana nicely. Keep it aside.
2. Powder cardamom and keep it aside.
3. Powder almonds and (with its skin) keep it aside.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and put smashed bananas. Add a spoon of ghee and mix it well.
5. Stir nicely and add jaggery. Keep on stirring. (It should not burnt at the bottom of the pan).
6. It turns as full liquid. Add a spoon of ghee and mix it.
7. Slowly add ground almonds and cardamom powder. Keep stirring.
8. Add ghee in between and mix it well.
9. Stir in between till it leaves the sides. Mix it for another 5 minutes. Ghee starts to oozes (comes out).
10. It turns as one whole ball. Remove from the pan and put it on a ghee spread plate/tray.
11. Let it cool nicely.
12. Cut according to your wish and serve or store.
Use of sugar instead of jaggery is optional. Use of ghee more/less is optional. Remember banana fruits must be well ripen to prepare halva or it taste bit savoury. Whole procedure should be on low flame. Do not add any water. I have used organic jaggery. If you are using normal shop bought jaggery, keep a pan add jaggery and very little water to it. It starts to melt. Let it melt completely. Sieve this jaggery content and then use it. (To remove the dust particles).
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 30 pieces can be made.(According to size and shape).