I had a pineapple and capsicum so thought of doing some quick curry. This curry goes well with all most all the main dishes like plain rice, chapati, any type of roti or rotti, bread or even dosa and idli.
No onion or no garlic is used in this curry as usual and the curry will be definitely liked by all age group.
Let us see the recipe :
Things needed :Pineapple : 1 ( Small one)
Tomatoes : Green : 5 to 6 ( I used very small )
Capsicum : 1
Rasam Powder : 1 Tablespoon
Hucchellu /Niger seeds chutney powder : 1 Tablespoon
Jaggery : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : As required
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh /Asafoetida : A pinch
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
coconut oil : 1 Tablespoon
Method :1. Wash and remove the outer layer of pineapple and cut into small pieces. ( As you wish).
2. Wash and cut capsicum and tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and add oil. Add mustard seeds and jeera. Let mustard seeds splutter.
4. Add ingh and curry leaves. Add cut pineapple and tomatoes. Mix it well and stir.
5. Add required water and let it cook till soft. ( 5 to 6 minutes ).
6. Add a pinch of turmeric, salt and add jaggery.
7. Add rasam powder and hucchellu/Niger seeds chutney powder.
8. Stir nicely and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Shift the curry to a serving dish.
9. Keep a small pan on the fire and put 1 tablespoon of oil.
10. Add cut capsicum and fry nicely till they turn soft.
11. Add this already cooked Pineapple curry.\
12. Mix it well and serve with the main dish you prefer.
Note :Cutting pineapple helps to cook the pieces quickly. Adding tomatoes is optional. Adding onions and garlic is optional. It does not suit well in this particular curry. Adding jaggery is optional. You can add roasted sesame seeds powder instead of Hucchellu/Niger seeds. Use of any brand rasam powder is optional. ( I have used home prepared rasam powder).
Time : 10 minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3 .