It is easy to prepare and we can have them for breakfast, brunch, Kids lunch box, one pot meal, festival or feast and ladies party,
No Onion or No Garlic is added in this Vegetable Chitranna.
Lets see the recipe Now :
Cooked Rice :2 Cups
Carrots : 2
Capsicum : 1
Lemon " 1 ( Medium Size )'
Coconut : 2 table spoon ( Fresh and grated )
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Curry leaves : 5 to 6
Coriander leaves : 2 to 3 sticks
Oil: 1 Tablespoon
Ghee : 2 Tablespoons
Mustard : 1/2 tea spoon
Urd Daal : 1/2 Tea spoon
Cashew nuts : 5 to 6 ( cut into small pieces )
Salt : To taste.
Turmeric : A pinch
1. Wash and cook rice and let it get cool.
2. Wash and grate carrots and cut capsicum into small. Slit green chilly.
3. Grate coconut and keep it aside. Cu lemon and squeeze out the juice and keep it aside.
4. Now Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil. Put mustard seeds and urid dal.
5. Let it splutter. Add cashews (optional). Add slit green chilly.
6. Add curry leaves and mix it well. Add grated carrots and fry for 1 minute. Add cut capsicum.
7. Fry nicely till they turn soft and add cooked rice, grated coconut and mix it well.
8. Add turmeric powder and required salt. Mix it well slowly. Let it cook for a minute.
9. Put off the fire and add lemon extract, coriander leaves. Add ghee and mix it slowly.
10. Shift the ready Vegetable Chitranna to a serving dish. Serve with a cup of curd.
Do not over cook rice or vegetables. Adding cashews is optional. You can add groundnuts instead of cashews. Adding more chilly is optional. Adding ginger is optional. (I did not add). Adding more vegetables like beans, peas is optional. (Cook beans and peas till soft and then add). Adding onions and garlic is optional. (I have not added).
Time : 20 Minutes + Cooking rice : 20 minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4