I have used toor dal, tomatoes and some simple spices.
Let us see some benefits of eating " Toor Dal " in our diet.
Toor dal is loaded with carbohydrates and it provide energy for our body. It has a rich source of dietary fiber and helps to ease the constipation problems. Toor dal contain good amount of plant proteins. It has a good source of iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and B.Vitamins. It is low in saturated fat and cholesterol free.
Rasam Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Jeera/cumin seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Method :1. Wash and boil toor dal (better to cook in pressure cooker) with required water. Let it cool.
2. Wash and cut tomatoes and green chilly, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
3. Wash fresh ginger and remove the outer layer. Wash it again and grate it.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil, mustard seeds, urid dal. Let mustard splutter.
5. Add jeera/cumin seeds, cut green chilly and ingh. Fry for a second.
6. Add curry leaves. Mix it well. Ad tomatoes and fry. Add garam masala and fry.
7. Mix it well. Add turmeric powder. Add cooked dal, salt and required water.
8. Add rasam powder. Mix it well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Shift the dal to a serving dish. Add a spoon of ghee.
10. Add coriander leaves and serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Note :You can use moong dal instead of toor dal. (Optional). Adding onions and garlic is optional.
Adding any other spices like chat masala, coriander powder, jeera powder is optional. Adding ghee enhance the taste of the dal. Adding a spoon of lemon extract is optional. (I have not added). Adding any brand/home made rasam powder is optional. (Used home made rasam powder). Consistency of dal is optional. (Thick/Thin).
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4.