It is just like that we cook gulla/special brinjal or normal brinjal to prepare bajji/curd or savoury curry.
I have used little urid dal, gas cooked capsicum and coconut to prepare this chutney. Try and enjoy this chutney with plain rice (hot) or with any other main dish. You are going to say "WOW", no doubt in it.
Let us see some benefits of eating "Capsicum" in our diet.
Capsicum helps to get a relief from stomach problesm, headaches, peptic ulcers and back pain. It is also good for menopausal problems and diabetes. It has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to provide relief from pain related arthritis. It also helps to boost immunity. Capsicum is loaded with Vitamin A and Vitamin C. They are filled with anti-aging properties.
Let us see the recipe now :
No Onion OR No Garlic is added in this "Capsicum and Coconut Chutney".
Things Needed. :
Red chilly : 4 to 5
Ingh/Asafoetida : A pinch
Tamarind : A small marble size
For seasoning :
2. Put on the fire and place the oil greased capsicum on the burner. Let it cook on low flame.
3. Cook on all the sides by changing its position.
4. Remove the black patches on the capsicum and clean it with a tissue.
5. Cut into small pieces and let it cool.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
7. Add a teaspoon of urid dal and fry till they turn golden brown.
8. Add red chilly and fry nicely. (byadagi chilly).
9. Add curry leaves and ingh. Put off the fire. Add tamarind and let all the ingredients cool.
10. Grate coconut and grind it with fried urid dal mixture, tamarind and cooked capsicum.
11. Add salt and grind it till it turn paste consistency. (or your desired consistency). Add required water to grind.
12. Remove from the mixi jar to a serving dish. Add coconut oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and ingh seasoning and serve the yummy " Capsicum and Coconut Chutney".
Note :Cook capsicum on all sides. Clean out the outer layer before making into pieces. Remove all the black dots before cutting. (If any hard part of black on capsicum). Adding more/less chilly is optional. Use of coconut oil is optional. Cooking capsicum on fire is one of the old tradition and it taste better.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3.