Wash the ridge gourd nicely and then remove the peel. The edges should be scrapped out and then slowly remove the outer layer.
I have used little urid dal, red byadagi chilli, coconut and little tamarind.
Lets see the recipe Now :
To Cook :
Ridge Guard outer layers ; 1 cup
Coriander seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Tamarind : 1/2 Lemon size
Salt : As required
Urd Daal : 1 Tablespoon
Curry Leaves : 8 to `10
Red Chilly : 4 to 6
Ingh/Asafoetida : a pinch
Oil : 1 Teaspoon
To Season :
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh : A pinch
1.Wash and remove the outer layer of Ridge Guard
2. Scrape the sharp edges and wash it again.
3. Slowly remove the outer layer of the ridge gourd and put it in a bowl.
4. Cook this Ridge Gourd skin with tamarind, salt, coriander seeds and turmeric powder with little water. Let it get cool.
6. Add curry leaves and ingh. Mix it nicely and put off the fire.
7. Add coconut and leave it for cooling.
9. Remove from the mixi jar to a serving bowl.
10. Add mustard seasoning and serve with the main dish.
Use of chilly is optional. (more/less). You should fry urid dal nicely or chutney does not taste good. Adding oil to fry is optional. (You can just roast the dal and chilly).
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4