It is nice to have it when it is raining heavily outside, you start eating this Kai Vada with a cup of coffee or Tea, You will really just say WoW. This Wow does mean every thing that you have enjoyed the dish thoroughlly.
This is one of my earlier recipe and just thought would add some pics, which I have reacently captured while prepring the dish.
There is no onion or garlic in this dish. COCONUT RICE VADA can be prepared at any time of the day and it is easy I can say. All we need is rice flower and other ingredients.
Lets us see the recipe now.
Things Needed:Coconut : 1 cup ( fresh and grated )
Rice powder : 2 cups
Green Chillies : 2 to 3
salt : to taste
Oil : 1 cup
Jeera : 1/2 Tea spoon
Water : 1/4 cup
Method :1. Grate coconut and grind jeera and green chilly. ( Add very little water while grind).
2. Remove from the mixi jar and put it in a big bowl.
3. Add rice flour to the coconut mixture. Add salt and jeera/cumin seeds.
5. Keep a frying pan on the fire and add oil. Heat.
6. Divide the dough into small portions. Wet your palm and take one divided portion and pat it with fingers.
7. Fry this flattened vada on medium and low flame. (Both sides should be golden brown). 1 vada at a time.
8. Remove it from the pan and put it on a kitchen tissue.
9. Let the oil absored from the kitchen tissue.
10. Serve " Coconut Rice Vada " with a cup of tea/coffee.
11. Repeat the same with remaining dough.
12. You can prepare these vadas by adding little jaggery instead of chilly.
Note :Do not grind coconut with more water. Then you will have to add more rice flour and it will not be tasty. Adding very little jaggery adds to the taste. Do not use jaggery if you are using green chilly.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : At least 15 to 20 Vadas can be prepared.