I have used urid dal, Tomatoes, onion and totapuri mango.
Let us see the recipe now :
Urid dal : 1 Teaspoon
To Season :
Any cooking oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry leaves : 5 to 6
Ingh /Asafoetida : A pinch
Method :1. Wash and cut tomatoes, curry leaves and keep it aside.
2. Remove the outer layer of onion and wash it. Cut it into small pieces and keep it aside.
3. Keep a small pan on the fire and heat. Put 1/2 teaspoon of oil and put urid dal and ingh.
4. Fry it nicely till it turns slightly golden brown. Add chilly and cut tomatoes. Fry nicely.
5. Add cut onions and cut mango pieces. ( 2 to 3 pieces will do). Add coriander leaves.
6. Fry nicely till tomatoes and onion turn soft. Put off the fire and let it cool.
7. Grind the fried ingredients and add salt. Grind it for a minute. ( Add water if required only).
8. Shift the ground chutney to a serving dish.
9. Add mustard seasoning and serve with the main dish you prepared.
Note :Fry onions nicely on low flame and then add the tomatoes. Water should not be used while grinding or to the ground mixture. ( The chutney turns watery). Adding garlic is optional. Use of more/less chilly is optional. Adding tamarind instead of mango pieces is optional. You can also add channa dal instead of urid dal.
Time : 15 Minutes.