Lets see the recipe now :
Rice Rava : 2 cups
Coconut : 1 cup
Water : 4 cups
Salt: to taste
Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Urid dal : 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8
1. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil, mustard seeds and urid dal.
3. Now add Rice Rava to the boiling water and stir.
5. Put off the fire and take out the pan from the fire. Add coconut and mix it well.
6. Mix thoroughly. Wet your hand with normal water. Take a handful of dough and prepare ball size dough (any shape you like to ).
7. Arrange these pundi gatti in a bowl.
8. Keep a pressure cooker or idli cooker put some water at the bottom of the cooker.
9. Place a bowl upside down in the cooker. Now keep the pundi gatti bowl on the top.
10. Cover the cooker and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. (No need to put weight).
11. Insert a knife edge to see whether pundi gatti is cooked. It does not stick to the knife edge once it is cooked.
12. Shift the cooked pundi gatti to a serving bowl.
14. We had it with a curry (spring onions) and onion chutney.
The ratio of rava and water is 1 = 2. You can also add some cashew nuts to the pundi gatti.
Since it is done in the hand it is called pundi (our fist).
Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 3 to 4