Let us see the recipe
Jaggery - 1 Cup
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Cardamom - 6 to 8 pods.
Water - 1 Cup
Haladi or Saffron : a pinch.
Ghee : 1/2 cup (or little more.)
1. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add a tablespoon of ghee and raisins and cashews.
2. Fry them nicely and add wheat flour and fry them nicely.
3. Keep water for boiling.
4. Fry wheat till it gets the nice aroma. (Raw smell should disappear). Add boiling water slowly and mix the fried wheat flour nicely.
5. Add jaggery to the flour and stir. It should be mixed well and get thickens.
6.Add ghee in between and stir it starts leaving the pan. The ghee starts to leave the halva.
7. Add the remaining ghee and stir. Apply ghee on a tray/plate and keep it aside.
8. shift the ready halva to a tray or plate. Leave it for a while till the halva cools down.
9. Cut them in to short pieces and serve.
Note : The whole process should be done on low flame so that it does not get sticky or ball kind of paste. You can use more ghee if you wish .You can fry Cashew nuts in ghee instead of roasting. It will be tasty. Wheat flour must be roasted well.
5 to 6 servings.