Here I have tried sweet and spicy both types.
I have used jaggery, coconut and banana for Sweet Guli Appa.
I have used green chilly, ginger, coconut and coriander leaves for the spicy Guli Appa.
It is easy, quick and simple. Good for breakfast, snack and even dinner.
It is diabetic friendly, good for Kids Snack Box or when they come back from school.
You can have them for snack or even with cup of coffee /tea/juice.
No Onion or Garlic added to Spicy Rava Guli Appa
Lets see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :
Serves : 2 to 3.
Purely South Indian Recipe / My own Recipe
Hot and Spicy Guli Appa :
Ingredients:Medium size Rava /Semolina : 2 Cups
Green chilly : 2
Curd : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Eno Salt : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ginger : An Inch
Coconut : 2 Tablespoons
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Coriander leaves : 2 Tablespoons.
Oil : 4 to 5 Tablespoons
Method :1. Take a big bowl and add rava/semolina, curd, salt and required water.
2. Wash and cut coriander leaves, grated coconut, green chilly and curry leaves.
3. Wash ginger and remove the outer layer. Wash it again and grate it.
4. Grate coconut and mix all the ingredients nicely.
5. The batter should be like idli batter. Add Eno salt and mix it well.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put little oil to each mould of guli appa.
7. Mix the batter nicely and take a ladle of batter and put it to guli appa mould.
8. Cook on low flame. Add little oil on the top.
9. Turn the other side and cook. Remove it from the guli appa pan.
10. Serve hot guli appa with chutney and ghee. / Any other side dish of your choice.
11. Repeat the same with remaining batter.
12. Serve or Eat Hot guli appa.
Note :Add only required water. The batter should be like idli batter. Adding more chilly is optional. Adding onions to the spicy batter is optional. Use of ghee instead of oil is optional. If the batter turns watery add little rava and mix it well. Do not add more Eno Salt.
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4