(Muluka- in Kannada), Pappad, chips , Payasam and many other items from this wonderful fruit.
Here is a tasty " JACK FRUIT MULUKA " recipe and I am sure YOU will like this item mainly kids.
Things Needed:Jack Fuits : 2 to 3 cups.
Raw Rice : 1 1/2 cups.
Fresh coconut: 1 Cup ( fresh and grated).
Jaggery : 1/2 Cup.
Salt : a Pinch.
Oil : 1 Cup (to fry).
Method :1.Wash and soak raw rice for 2 hours.
2. Grate coconut and powder jaggery.
3. Cut jackfruit into small. (It helps to grind fruits quickly).
4, Grind coconut and jackfruit with out using any water. (Grind with little quantity).
5. Drain all the water from the rice and add rice to ground jack fruit mixture.
6. Grind it nicely till paste. Add jaggery and grind till every thing mixes well.
7. Pour it to the bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Mix it well.
8. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil. Let it heat.
9. Now take a small amount of ground jackfruit dough and drop slowly in the oil.
10. Let the flame be medium.Fry on both sides and remove from the oil.
11. Put it on a kitchen tissue. Extra oil is absorbed by the tissue.
12.Repeat the same with remaining dough.
13. Serve hot/cooled Jackfruit Muluka with cup of coffee or tea.
14. Some have these muluka/appa/fritter with ghee or honey.