Moong dal said to be the best dal one should eat especially the vegetarians. It is rich in minerals and vitamins. Though it contain carbohydrates, it helps to boost energy. It is good for people who wants to reduce their weight.
Moong dal laddu is an easy sweet dish and anybody can prepare this laddu. (Thats saying easy to prepare).
Things Needed :Moong daal: 1 cup.
Coconut : 1 cup.
Jaggery : 3/4 cup.
Cardamom: 4 to 6 .
Cashew Nuts: 1 Table spoons.
Ghee : 2 Table spoons.
Sesame seeds : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Water : 1/4 cup
Method :1. Roast Sesame seeds till they pop. Keep it aside.
2. Roast Moong dal nicely till the raw smell disappear.
3. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
4. Fry cashew nuts with a spoon of ghee.
4. Dry grind sesame seeds and roasted moong dal. Dry grind coconut and cardamom.
Remove from the mixi jar and keep it in a plate.
5. Keep a pan on the fire. Put jaggery and water. Let it completely melt in water. Now drain the jaggery with a siever and use clean jaggery content.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and put jaggery content in it. Let it get string consistency.
7. Add dry ground ingredients one by one and mix it well. Add fried cashew nuts.
8. Once it is mixed well put off the fire and put the ingredients to a bowl.
9 Add ghee and mix it well. Take a handful of the ingredients and prepare laddu.
10. Laddus should be prepared when the mixture is hot.
11. If you are not able to prepare laddu , sprinkle little hot milk or some more ghee. It becomes easy to prepare laddu.
12. Keep it in a airtight glass or box and use whenever you want it.
Note :Fry the ingredients on low flame. If it does not fry nicely the laddu does not taste good. Use of more ghee adds to the taste. But it is not that good to eat that much ghee at a time.
Use of sugar instead of jaggey is optional. Use of jaggery is healthy.
Time : 15 minutess
Serves : 20 Small laddus can be prepared.