Cauliflower dry curry is filled in chapati dough and rolled as parata. You can have them with curd/yogurt or any type of pickle or chutney. Many like it with tomato ketchup.
There will be 2 steps here. The first one is to prepare cauli flower and then you proceed to prepare parathas.
For Cauliflower dry curry.To Cook :
Cauliflower : 1 Medium size
To Add :
Garam Masala : 1/2 Teaspoon
Chilly powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Cut coriander leaves : 2 Tablespoons
Turmeric powder : A pinch
Salt : To Taste
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Method :1. Wash and dip cauliflower in a big bowl of warm water. Add some salt to water let cauliflower stay in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Wash it again and cut into small pieces. (Remove the hard stem parts).
3. Wash and cut coriander leaves into thin pieces.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and mustard seeds. Let mustard seeds splutter.
5. Add jeera and fry for 10 seconds. Add cut cauliflower and fry nicely. Add very little water.
6. Cover the lid and cook cauliflower on low flame till they turn soft.
7. Add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and chilly powder. Stir well.
8. Cook for 2 minutes and remove the ready cauliflower dry curry from the fire.
9. Let it completely cool. Add cut coriander leaves and smash the cooked cauliflower.
10. Take a tablespoon of Cauliflower dry curry and turn them as small ball shape.
Cauliflower Parata:Things Needed :
Wheat flour : 3 Cups
Cooking Oil : 1 Tablespoon.
Water : To mix the flour.
Method :1. Mix little salt, 1 tablespoon of oil and wheat flower with required water and prepare chapati dough and Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Kneed the dough nicely and divide them as small balls.
3. Take a small portion of that chapati dough and spread it a little.
4. Place a tablespoon of cauliflower dry curry and place it in the middle of chapati dough.
5. Now pull the dough from all sides and just pat it.
6. Dip this parata and roll it with a help of chapati roller. Do not put weight while rolling.
7. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put a teaspoon of oil on the top of hot tava.
8. Put rolled cauliflower parata on the hot tava. Cook on both sides till it is cooked.
9. Remove it from the pan and serve with a cup of curd and pickle.
10. Repeat the same with remaining dough and the curry.
11. Repeat the same type and prepare the remaining paratas.
12. I have served the parata with onion Raitha.
Note :Use very little water to cook. Use of more /less spice is optional. Do not make the dry curry watery. Let all the moisture disappear. Add little besan if the curry turns watery.
Onion Raitha :
Cut 2 onions, 1 green chilly and 2 table spoons of coriander leaves into very small pieces. Put this onion mixture into 1 cup of curd ( Yogurt). Add little salt to it. Onion Raita is ready to serve.