Navane /Foxtail millet : 2 Cups.
Water : 1 cup.
Wheat flour : 1/2 Cup.
Salt to taste.
Oil. : 3 to 4 Table spoon.
1.Wash and soak Navane grains for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Grind it nicely using little water. Put the ground dough in a big bowl.
3. Add 1/2 cup of wheat flour and add salt and required water. ( The dough should be watery , like a neer dosa ).
5. Take a spoon full of dough and spread on the pan,
6. Cover with lid and cook for 1 minute.
7. Now remove the cover and cook on the other side for 10 seconds.
8. Dosa is ready to serve. Prepare dosas with remaining dough.
9. Serve Dosas with any kind of chutney or chutney powder , or pickle.
Add required water . The dough should not be too thin or thick. Can use ghee to prepare dosas. Also can add cut onions, green chillies and coriander leaves to the dough and prepare spicy dosas.
Serves 3 to 4
Time : 20 Minutes to Prepare dosa + Soaking time 5 to 6 hours + grinding time - 5 minutes.