I have used little Oats with Rava. Oats helps to soften the idli. You should remember to use sour curd to prepare and you will get good result.
No need to roast rava and oats. No needs to powder either.
Lets see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Medium sized Rava .( Sooji ) Samolina ).: 2 Cups.
Curd /Yogurt : 1 to 11/2 cup.
Mustard seasoning : 1 Teaspoon
Cashew Nuts : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : To taste.
Cooking/Bicarbonate soda : 1/4 Teaspoon
Method :1. Put rava and oats in a big bowl. Add little salt.
2. Add curd and requird water and mix it well. Wash coriander leaves cut it into thin and add it.
4. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add cashew nuts Fry till they turn slightly golden brown.
5. Add this to Rava - Oats Mixture. Mix it well.
6. Wash and apply oil to all the idli plates.
7. Keep a pressure cooker/idli cooker on the stove. Put required water. Let the flame be slow.
8. Add cooking soda to the idli mixture.
9. Put a small ladleful of mixute to each idli plates. Arrange them in the stand.
10. Keep this idly in the pressure cooker.idli cooker.
11. Let it cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Idli is ready to serve.
12. Put them in the serving bowl and serve with the side dish you prepared.
Note :No need to add any extra oil. You can add coriander leaves or carrots gratings to the idli mixture. Let the dough consistency be like normal rice idli dough. Do not make it watery or thick. You should use sour courd to get the best result. Adding ENO salt is optional instead of cooking soda.
Serves : 4 to 5 People
Time : 15 minutes.
You can also prepare tatte (plate idli) with same dough.