I have used Patrode dough and onions to prepare this Spicy Onion Dosa.
Let us see the recipe:
Things needed :Raw rice : 2 cups.
Methi Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon.
Coconut : 3 to 4 Tablespoons.
Coriander seeds : 2 Tablespoons.
Jeera : 2 Teaspoons.
Red chilly : 6 to 8
Ingh/Asafoetida : A pinch
Tamrind : Small lemon size.
Jaggery : 3 to 4 Tablespoons.
Salt : to taste.
Onions : 2 to 3 ( medium size).
Oil : 1/2 cup.
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 Tea spoon.
Method :1.Wash and soak raw rice and methi ( fenugrik seeds ) seeds in plain water for 2 to 3 hours
2. Grate coconut and grind all the spices with little water. (coriander seeds, jeera, red chilly, turmeric powder and tamarind)
3. Then add rice (drain all the water before adding rice), grind it nicely till paste.
4. Add jaggery (powder jaggery before adding), salt and ingh. Grind it for 2 minutes.
5. Remove the batter from the mixi jar and put it in a bowl.
6. Remove the outer layer of onions and wash it. Cut them into small (thin pieces).
7. Mix cut onions with ground batter nicely.
9. Take a ladle full of the spicy onion batter and spread it slowly in a round shape.
11. Turn the other side and cook for 20 seconds.
12. Now Spicy Onion Dosa is ready to serve.
14. Serve with little butter on the top of hot dosa.
15.You can also try this way of preparing dosa this way.
Spread the batter and spread cut onions on the top of dosa and cook.
Note :Adding more/less jaggery is optional. You can use palak leaves, dil leaves, instead of onion or along with onions. Adding more/less oil is optional. Covering and cooking dosa, helps to cook dosa fast and the dryness on the dosa will be avoided. Adding more/less chilly is also optional.
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4.