Things Needed :Raagi Powder : 2 Cups.
Jaggery : 3/4 cups.
Coconut : 1 cup. ( Fresh and grated ).
Ghee : 3 to 4 Tablespoons.
Cashew Nuts : 2 to 3 Table spoons.
Sesame seeds : 2 Table spoons.
Water : Required .
Method :1.Roast Raagi powder with 1 teaspoon of ghee on low flame for 5 minutes.
2.Powder cardamom and cut cashew nuts into small and keep it aside.
3. Roast sesame seeds and powder it when it is cooled. ( Add cardamom pods and dry grind it).
4. Keep a big pan on the fire and add 1/4 cup of water. Put jaggery and let it melt completely.
5. Sieve the jaggery water and keep the clean jaggery aside. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
6. Keep a big pan on the fire and add a teaspoon of ghee. Fry cashew nuts till they turn golden colour.
7. Remove the fried cashews from the pan. Add jaggery water and let it turn one string consistency.
8. Add roasted raagi powder. Stir continuously on low flame. Add coconut and stir and put off the fire.
9. Add roasted and dry ground sesame seeds mixture and ghee. Add fried cashews and mix all the ingredients nicely. Prepare laddu/laadu/ unde when the mixture is hot or you may not be able to turn them as laddu. It breaks into powder.
11. Arrange the laddus in a tray/plate. Let them cool completely.
12. Store them in a airtight box or tin.
Note :If you are not able to prepare laddu and if you think the mixture turned dry add hot milk or little ghee and then prepare laddu. ( The laddu done with hot milk should be kept in the fridge or it might get fungus). You can divide the whole mixture into small portion and remember add ghee/milk to that particular portion that you are ready to prepare laddu. You can use more/ less ghee. (Optional).
Adding dry coconut is better. (Copra/kobbari). It is diabetic friendly. It is good for kids snack box. It is healthy to have this laddu as snack in the evening.
Time : 30 Minutes.
20 to 25 Laddus can be prepared.