Sorekai : 2 Cups(grated)
Tomaties : 2 to 3 (small size)
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Coriander leaves : 2 Table spoons.
Ginger: an inch
Besan: 2 Tea spoons.
Red chilly powder : 1/2 Tea spoon
Turmeric Powder: a pinch
Jeera or Cumin Seeds: 1/4 Tea spoon
Methi seeds: 3 to 4 seeds
Oil: 1 Table spoon
1. Wash and grate Sorekai(bottle gourd). Grate ginger and keep all the ingredients aside.
2 Cut coriander leaves, curry leaves, tomatoes and green chilly.
3: Mix besan ( channadal powder) with 1 glass of water and keep it aside.
4 Now keep a big pan on the fire. Put oil and heat. Put jeera to the hot oil and fry for 5 seconds. Add curry leaves and green chilly to it.
5. Now add grated Sorekai (bottle gourd) to the oil. Fry for 2 minutes.
6. Now add the besan mixture ( already mixed besan -water mixture) and stir nicely so that it mixes well with sorekai.
7. Add little red chilly (1/4 to 1/2 spoon) and turmeric powder and mix it well.
8. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in between so that it does not burn. Cook on low flame.
9. Shift the ready curry to a serving dish, when it thickens and starts leaving the pan.
10. Now add coriander leaves on the top.
Note: Must cook this dish on the low flame. You can add one more spoon of oil if you wish. You can also add cut onions while frying. But the taste differ. Fry grated sorekai nicely till the raw smell disappear to get the better taste. No need to add any garam masala to the curry.
Time : 10 Minutes.