Rice flour: 4 Cups.
Hurikadale : 1 Cup
Butter : 1 Table spoon
Chilly Powder : 1/2 Tea spoon
Salt : to taste
Water : Required
Jeera or Sessame seeds : 1 Table spoon
Oil : To fry : 2 to 3 Cups
1. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Dry roast rice flour for 3 to 4 minutes and remove from the pan and leave it for cooling.
2. Powder Hurikadale (roasted chenna) in a dry grinder and keep it aside.
3. Take a big bowl and put the cooled rice flour, ground roasted chenna powder, salt, butter, sesame seeds chilly powder and mix it well.
4. Now add water little by little to the flour mixture and prepare thick dough. ( Pooris consistency ).
5. Divide the dough into small balls and insert the ball to chakkuli mould and press the chukkli mould and prepare chakkuli on a plate .
6. Keep a frying pan on the fire and heat. When the oil heats put prepared chakkuli one by one in the hot oil and fry them on medium heat.
8. Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
Serve chakkulis with hot coffee or tea or with any cool drinks and enjoy.
Must be carefull while frying chakkulis. Or it turns black. Some time it spurts out because of sesame seeds and it might cause burnt.
Time : 45 minutes to 1 hour.
25 to 30 chakkulis can be prepared.