Broken Wheat or bulghur is a good source of fiber, protein, iron and vitamin B-6. It is also a great substiture for rice since it has more fiber and nutrients.
Urd Dal has numerous health benifits. It has protein, fat and carbohydrates which is required for the body. Urd dal is rich in protein and bitamin B. It is good for women since it has iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, potassium. It is rich in firbre and easy to digest and it is good for the heart. It helps to reduce cholesterol.
Sajje -Wheat Urd Dosa recipe contain the above said ingredients and it is a healthy dish and we can have these dosas for breakfast, as snack or for dinner too. It is soft and fluffy and all age group will definitely njoy eating Sajje Wheat Dosa.
Pearl Millet or Sajje flour : 1 Cup
Broken Wheat or bulghur : 1 Cup
Urd dal : 1/2 Cup.
Salt : to taste
Oil : 1/2 Cup
Methi (Fenugreek seeds) : 1/2 Tea spoon
2. Now grind them separetely, using required water. (till paste).
3. Mix sajje flour with the ground ingredients in a big bowl and add salt and leave it for ferment. (Over night), or 6 to 8 hours. (It should ferment).
4. Now keep dosa pan on the fire and heat. Just apply oil on the tava and take a spoonful of the batter and spread like dosa and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 tea spoon of oil on the top of the dosa and turn the dosa other side and cook for 1 minute and serve with the chutny you have prepared.
Note : Grinding the grains should be done till paste. It needs to ferment nicely to get good soft quality of dosas. You can use more oil if you wish. If you want thin variety of dosa, do not sprinkle oil just before you put dough on the pan. First put the dough and then spread it nicely and then sprinkle oil on the top. Covering the lid also an optional.
Time : 30 to 40 minutes (Soaking and ferment time extra).
Serves : 5 to 6
Brahmi Leaves Chutney :
Brahmi (ondelaga) : leaves are used in Ayurveda. Brahmi is used for improving memory, anxiety, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder, allergic conditionsl. It is also a general tonic to fight stress. People use brahmi leaves to treat backache and joint pains.
Brahmi leaves chutney can be eaten with idly, dosa, chapati, roti, dokla or even rice. Its easy to prepare and not much of spice required too.
Things Needed :
Brahmi leaves : 1 Handful
Coconut : 1 cup
Green chilly : 1 to 2
Tamarind pulp or lemon juice : 1 Tea spoon
Salt : to taste
1. Wash brahmi leaves and green chilly.
2. Grate coconut.
4. Shift the ground chutney to a serving bowl.
5. You can add mustard spurt to this chutney with little curry leaves and ingh.
Serve Brahmi Chutney with Sajje - Bulghur - Urd Dosa.
Note : Do not add lots of water to the chutney while grinding. No need to add any other ingredients. ( Do not add ground nut or huri kadale). Not only it taste differ but losses the aroma. You can add red chillies also. I have added one gooseberry to this chutney.
Serves : 3 to 4
Time to prepare chutney : 10 to 15 minutes.
I am sending this recipe to the cookery blogs below ...