This is my new idea to prepare this dry curry and to use the same Dry curry or Palya in the sttuffing and preparing Samosa.
Let us know some good benefits of using Raw Banana. The green banana is best eaten cooked, either boiled or fried. Nutritionally, the green banana is a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals and contains a starch that may help control blood sugar, manage weight and lower cholesterol levels.
Here is a recipe of Raw Banana Palya (dry curry), and using this dry curry I have prepared Samosa one of the favourite dish of the whole family I can say. Dry curry can be eaten with Hot rice, chapati, Poori or dosa.
Samosa can be eaten at any time of the day , it goes very well with a cup of tea or coffee or even with fruit juice and it is favourite food for kids, youngsters and even elders too. Samosa's favourism has grown world wide.
Banana Dry Palya
Things Needed :
Raw Bananas :2
1. Wash and remove the outer skin of raw banana and cut it into small pieces. Put these pieces in a big bowl of water.
2. Wash and cut green chilly, curry leaves andcoriander leaves.
3. Now keep a pan on the fire. Put oil and heat.
4. Put mustard seeds, methi seeds and jeera. Let mustard seeds spurt.
5. Add cut green chilly and curry leaves.
6. Remove the Cut banana pieces from the water and add it to the mustard mixture.
7. Fry it nicely for 1 minute.
8. Add 1/4 of water and mix it well. Add turmeric powder and cook on low flame.
9. Add salt and mix it when it is half boiled.
10. Add red chilly powder and mix it well and stir till the water disappear from the palya.(curry).
11. Now add coconut and cut coriander leaves and put off the gas. 12.
12. Shift this dish to a serving bowl. Serve with hot rice or chapati.
Time : 20 minutes.
Serves : 2 to 4
Raw Banana Samosa:
Raw banana dry Palya : 1 Cup
Maida (All Purpose flour) : 1 Cup
Wheat flour :1 Cup
Jeera : 1 Tea spoon
Ghee : 1 Table spoon
Salt : To taste
Oil : To Fry
Chilly Powder : 1/2 Tea spoon
1. Dry roast Maida for 2 to 3 minutes. Leave it for cooling.
2. Dry roast wheat flour for 2 to 3 minutes. Leave it for cooling.
4. Mx this mixture nicely and then add ghee and rub the flour mixture nicely.
5. Add water little by little and prepare chapati dough. ( It should be thick)
6. Kneed this ready dough nicely and divide them in to small balls.
7. Take a ball and roll it with the chapati roller and make chapati.
8. Cut this chapati in to half.
9. Take the 1/2 chapti and give a shape of triangle.
10. Fill a spoon of ready palya inside the samosa and close the edges tightly.
11. Repeat the same procedure and prepare samosas and keep it in a plate or tray.
13. Fry Samosas on low flame on both sides till golden brown and remove from the oil.
14. At time you can fry 2 to 3 samosas
15.Crspy Samosas are ready to serve
15. Serve these Hot Samosas with Ketch Up or Khara - Sweet chutney.
You can prepare:
10 Medium size Samosas
20 Small size Samosas.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Frying Procedure : 30 minutes
Total time : 40 Minutes.
|Samosas Just taken from the pan|