Sweet Potato is one of the average calorie starch foods. It contain no saturated fats or cholesterol and is rich source of dietary fiber, anti - oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Sweet Potato provides a good amount of vital minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium. manganese and potassium.
Vitamin C and antioxidants. Palak leaves are an excellent source of vitamin K. Palak leaves contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper and zinc. It is also rich source of Omega - 3 fatty acids.
Here is a recipe of Palak - Sweet Potato Palya and Mosaru bajji. We can have this dishes with rice, chapati, vegetable rice or palau and roti or pooris.
Ingredients :Sweet Potato : 2 (medium sized)
Palak leaves : 1 Small Bundle
Gree chilly : 2
Curry leaves : 1/2 Tea spoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Tea spoon
Urid dal : 1/2 Tea spoon
Ingh (Asafoetida) : a pinch
Turmeric Powder : a pinch
Salt : to taste
Coconut : 2 Table spoons (Fresh and grated)
Oil : 1 Tea spoon
Coriander leaves : 2 Table spoons
Methi seeds : 4 to 5 seeds
Method :1. Wash and boil (pressure cook) sweet potatoes and leave it for cooling. Remove the skin when it is cooled.
2. Wash and cut palak leaves, green chilly and coriander leaves.
4. Add mustard seeds, urid dal and methi seeds. Let the mustard seeds spurt.
5. Add jeera, ingh and curry leaves. Add cut green chilly and fry for 10 seconds.
6. Now add palak leaves and mix it nicely and add 1/2 cup of water, turmeric powder and cook.
7. Cut or smash cooked sweet potatoes and add to palak.
8. Cook on low flame for 2 minutes and put off the gas.
9. Add grated coconut, mix it well and shift Sweet potato - Palak Palya to a serving dish.
10. Serve as side dish with chapati or rice.
Recipe for Mosaru Bajji (Raitha)1 Bowl of Palak -Sweet potato Palya
1 Small cup of curd
1 Table spoon of coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Take a little bigger bowl. Add cooked palya and curd. Add salt and coriander leaves. Raitha is ready to serve.
No need to use much oil. You can add chilly or chilly powder according to your wish. You can also add cut onions with Raitha. I have added riped chilly..
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4