Raw banana dry curry is a side dish and we can have them with plain rice or and masala rices, chapatis, rotis, pooris and dosas.
Let see some health benefits of Raw Banana.
The green banana is good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals. They contain a starch that many help to control blood sugar, manage weight and lower blood cholesterol levels.
Here is a recipe of "Raw Banana Dry Curry" and as I said earlier we can have them this dish with chapatis, rice, pooris or even with dosas. One more way of using this curry is to prepare "Parathas". Yemmy Parathas can be prepared with it. I am sure each and every one will love to have and enjoy. This curry is with out onions and garlic and we can have them even on special days or during fasting time. It is easy and simple to prepare.
Things needed:Raw Bananas : 2
Green chilly : 2
Jeera : 1/2 Spoon
Methi Seeds :1/4 Spoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 spoon
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Coriander leaves : 2 Table spoons
Salt : to taste
Oil : 2 Table spoons.
Coconut : 3 to 4 Table spoons.
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Lemon juice : 1 Table spoon
Method :1. Wash and remove the outer skin of raw bananas, cut into pieces and soak in normal water till you cook them.
2. Wash and cut coriander leaves, green chilly and keep it aside.
3. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
4. Now keep a pan on the fire. Heat and put oil. Put mustard seeds and methi seeds.
5. Let the mustard seeds spurt. Add jeera and cut green chilly and fry. Add curry leaves.
6. Put cut banana pieces and fry on low flame. Stir in between.
8. Put 2 to 3 table spoons of water and cook on low flame till the water dries.
9. Now add salt and mix it well. Leave it for 10 seconds.
10. Add lemon juice, cut coriander leaves and coconut. Put off the gas.
12. Serve with any main dish you prepared.
NoteYou must cook on l ow flame. Adding more water will turn the bananas in to very smooth it may become too soft and you may not be able to get the pieces. Adding coconut is optional. You can use red chilly powder or garam masala instead of green chilly. You should soak cut banana pieces or they may turn black.
Time : 20 Minutes
Serving : 4 to 6
RAW BANANA PARATHAS
Things Needed:Raw banana dry curry : 1 Bowl.
Garam Masala: 1 Tea spoon
Jeera : 1 Table spoon
Salt : required
Coriander leaves : 3 to 4 Table spooons.
Wheat flour : 2 Cups
Oil : 3 to 4 Table spoons
Water : required
Method :1. Put banana dry palya in a bowl, add garam masala, coriander leaves and salt. Smash the pieces using a palm or a spoon.
3. Now divide the dough in to small portions and roll into small balls.
4. Divide the wheat flour dough also into small portion and keep it aside.
5. Take one portion of chapati dough and flatten on your palm.
6. Place a ball size Banana dry curry mixture inside and cover the whole and make ball.
7. Roll them on the dry flour and flatten on the rolling pin like chapati. (Do it slowly).
8. Keep a pan on the fire. Sprinkle oil on the tava and cook Raw Banana Parata on both sides.
9. Repeat the same with the remaining dough and prepare Parathas.
10. Serve Hot Raw Banana Parathas with a cup of curd and a curry you prepared.
Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2 to 3