|Ready to serve Basale leaves Curry|
Basale leaves which are used here particularly is from OUR GARDEN. We can grow them in small pots.
Let us see some benefits of Basale Soppu.
Basale soppu is rich source of vitamins like vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron and Calcium. They are rich in soluble fiber and helps in fastening digestion process..
Here is a recipe of Basale leaves curry and this curry goes very well with almost all the main dishes like chapatis, poori, roti, idli, Vada, any kind of dosa, plain rice. No onion or garlic is used in this curry.
Things Needed :Baslae leaves : 1 Bowl
Harave soppu (Amaranth leaves) : 1 small Bundle
Channa dal : 1 Table spoon
Urid dal: 1 Tea spoon
Coriander seeds : 1 Table spoon
Methi seeds : 1/4 Tea spoon
Red chilly : 5 to 6
Curry leaves : 5 to 6
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Tea spoon
Ingh : a pinch
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Coconut : 3 to 4 Table spoons
Salt : To taste
Oil : 2 Tea spoons.
Tamarind : a small marble size.
Jaggery : 1 Table spoon (Optional).
1. Wash and cut Baslae and harave (Amaranth ) leaves into small. Cook until they turn soft. Keep it aside.
3. Now keep a small pan on the fire. Put 1/2 Tea spoon of oil. Add methi seeds and fry till they turn brown.
4.Add channa dal and urid dal and fry them till they turn golden brown.
5. Add coriander seeds and red chilly. Fry them for 1 minute and put off the gas.
6. Now grind this mixture with coconut and small marble size tamarind. (Remove the seed if there is and wash it before use).
7. Keep a pan on the fire. Add cooked basale soppu, jaggery, turmeric powder and ground coconut mixture. Add salt. Mix it well.
8. Now boil nicely for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir slowly in between so that it does not get burnt at the bottom.
9. Put the ready to serve curry in to a serving bowl.
10.. Keep a small pan on the fire and put a tea spoon of oil and heat. Add mustard seeds and ingh. Add curry leaves when the mustard seeds splutter. Add this mixture to ready to serve Basale curry and serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Ready to serve Basale Leaves Curry . Serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Note :Using coconut is purely optional. Using onion and garlic also an optional. Normally they say when you add garlic splutter it adds to the taste of basale curry. ( but I do not use them ). Adding more or less chilly is also according to your wish. You can use any vegetables if you want. Brinjal goes very well with this curry. Potatoes also will be a good combination.
Time : 15 minutes.
Serves : 4.