Here is a recipe of " KARCHIKAI " which will be liked by all the age group and every member of the family. You can also take them for picnic and outings. You can pack them in your kids munching box as snack.
Things Needed :Maida : 1 Cup
Rava (Semolina) : 1 Cup (used medium sized rava)
Jaggery : 3/4 th cup
Apple : 1
Poppy Seeds : 2 Table spoons
Cardamom : 5 to 6 Pods
Cashew Nuts : 10 to 12
Salt : a pinch
Cooking Oil : 2 Cups ( to fry ).
Method :1. Dry roast Maida and Rava for 2 to 3 minutes. Leave it for cooling.
2. Cut cashew nuts into small and keep it aside
3. Dry grind the coconut along with cardamom.
4. Put maida and rava in a big bowl. Add pinch of salt and a table spoon of ghee. Mix it well. Add water (little by little) and prepare dough. (Poori consistency). Cover the dough and keep it aside.
6. Now keep the sieved jaggery on the fire and add dry ground coconut, cardamom mixture. Mix it well.
8. Grate apple (with skin) and add it to the coconut mixture.Add cut cashew nuts to the mixture.
7. Add poppy seeds (no need to roast) and mix it again.
9. Stir it till the mixture is thick. Now remove the mixture from the pan. Let it cool.
10. Take the prepared dough and divide them into small balls.
11. Roll them as pooris and place the sweet mixture in the middle and bind the edges with fingers. Prepare the same with the remaining dough.
12. Keep a pan and add oil and heat. Fry ready Karjikaion low flame till they turn brown on both sides.
13. Remove from the oil and put it on kitchen tissue, so that it absorbs extra oil.
14. Arrange them on a tray and serve them as Prasadam.