Lets see some benefits of having jaggery, banana, coconut, rava (semolina).
Jaggery has a ability to cleanse our body, act as a digestive agent, sweeten our food in a healthy manner and provide good amount of minerals.
Bananas contain carbohydrate, protein and free from cholesterol, free of fat and sodium. Banana is easy to digest. It holds a good amount of dietary fiber. It helps normal bowel movements and helps to reduce constipation problem. It is good source of vitamin-B6 vitamin C and minerals like copper, magnesium and manganese. Fresh banana is a very rich source of potassium.
Eating coconuts are excellent for one's immunity. They are antiviral, antifungal, anti bacterial and anty parasitic. (It means they kill harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi). Coconut helps to prevent Obesity by speeding up metabolism, providing an immediate source of energy with fever calories than other fats. It is a high dietary fiber. Improves digestion.
Rava or Semolina is a good source of carbohydrates, and slow in digestion. So the people who wants to shed their weight can have Rava in their diet. Rava is good for diabetics.Rava is low in sodium and cholesterol and high in fiber. Rava is loaded with Vitamin B-complex and Vitamin E. Rava has very less saturated fats. Rava contain loads of minerals like potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnessium.
Here is a recipe of Rava -Banana Sweet idli. It is easy and quick to prepare, we can have them at any time of the day. We can pack them for kids snack or lunch box and definitely love to eat this "Rava-Banana Sweet idli". We can prepare these idli for special days too. (During fasting or on Ekadashi).
Things Needed :Rava : (Semolina -Medium size) : 2 Cups
Oats : 1 Cup
Jaggery : 1/2 Cup
Coconut : 1/2 Cup
Bananas : 2 (small size)
Salt : a little
Cardamom : 4 to 5 pods.
1. Grate coconut , remove the pods from cardamom. Roast Oats and dry grind when it is cooled.
3. Now grind bananas, coconut, cardamom with jaggery liquid till the mixture is soft.
4. Remove from liquidizer and put it in a bowl.
5. Now mix rava and dry ground oats, nicely with jaggery coconut mixture and leave it for 10 minutes.
6. Apply ghee to idli plates and put a spoonful of Rava -bananan idli dough and steam in a pressure cooker or idli container for 10 minutes.
7. Put off the gas and remove the cooked Rava- Bananan Idli to a serving bowl or a plate.
8. Serve with ghee.
Note:No need to roast Rava. No need to add any Eno or Cooking Soda. Use of coconut is optional. (Use more banana and 1/2 cup of curd).
Use of more or less jaggery is also optional. Well ripe banana will add good taste to idli.
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 4 to 5.
- See more at: http://www.healthbeautyblogs.com/articles-flours-benefits/assorted-benefits-of-sooji-for-health-and-diet#sthash.4IzCtX5N.dpuf