Now Lets see some benefits of eating Millet and Moong Dal in our daily diet.
Jowar (Sorghum) has a higher content of calcium and packed with iron, protein and fibre. They are loaded with antioxidants. They are helpful to lower the cholesterol levels. They are gluten free.
Moong Dal is a healthy bean and good for weight lose. Moong Dal contain High Protein and low fat and relatively low calorie count. Moong Dal is rich in Vitamins like Vitamin B 1, B5 and Vitamin B6. and minerals like iron, magnesium , manganese, phosphrous and zinc.
Here is a recipe of " Moong Dal - Millet Flour Dosa , a simple - simply healthy and tasty Dosa. I am sure each and every family member will surely love it and it fits to all age group.
Things Needed :Moong Dal : 2 Cups
Millet (Jowar or Sorgham) flour : 1 Cup
Carrots : 2
Ginger : an inch
Coriander leaves : Handful
Curry leaves : Handful
Pepper Pods : 5 to 6
Salt : to taste
Oil : 4 to 5 Table Spoons
1. Wash and soak moong dal for 4 to 5 hours or over night. Grind Moong Dal with little water. Remove from the jar and put it in a big bowl.
3. Now mix millet flour and ground moong dal nicely. Add salt, grated carrots, coconut, cut coriander, curry leaves and ginger. Add crushed pepper pods. Mix it nicely and prepare dosa consistency dough.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle oil on the tava. When it is hot take a spoonful of moong dal - millet dough and spread it in circle shape ( dosa shape).
5. Cook for a minute and sprinkle 1/2 Tea spoon of oil on the top. Turn the dosa on the other side and cook for 10 to 15 seconds.
6. Remove from the pan and serve Hot Moong Dal - Milet Dosa with the side dish you have prepared.
7. Add a spoon of ghee on the top of dosa before serving
Note :Do not add lots of water while grinding. You can add it when you are mixing the flour. You can also add grated bottle gourd along with carrots. But the taste differ. You can also use ghee instead of oil. Better use oil while cooking to be safer on healthy side. You can also add cut onions if you wish. (optional). Moong dal takes less time to be soften . 3 to 4 hours will be more than enough. Do not add cooking soda or fruit salt to this dosa dough.
Time : 20 minutes.
Soaking time : 3 to 4 hours.
Serves : 3 to 4.