Seethaphal goes well with semolina and it adds beautiful aroma to the Kesari Baat.
Seethaphal/Custard apple is rich in copper. It helps in good digestion. It also helps to ease bowel movement and good for people who suffer from constipation. It has a good source of potassium and magnesium and they help to keep the blood pressure in control. It has a abundance of dietary fiber and helps to slow down the absorption of sugar. It also helps to reduce the cholesterol level. Seethaphal is rich source of iron and good for people who suffer from anemia.
Seethaphal Kesari Baat is a tasty sweet dish and can be eaten any time of the day.
Things needed :Semolina/Rava/Sooji (Medium) : 1 1/2 Cup
Sugar : 3/4 to 1 cup
Seethaphal fruits : 2
Ghee : 1/2 Cup
Cardamom : 4 to 5 Pods
Saffron : 3 to 4 Rakes or Turmeric powder
Dry fruits : (Raisins and Cashew nuts) : 2 Tablespoons
Water : 3 Cups
Method :1. Powder cardamom and keep it aside.
2. Keep water for boiling.
3. Remove the seeds and put Seethaphal/Custard apple pulp in a bowl.
|Seethaphal fruit Pulp|
5. Put cashew pieces and fry for 10 seconds. Add raisins and let it fluff and turn golden colour.
6. Add Rava and fry till the raw smell disappear. (at least 5 minutes).
8. Add sugar and seethaphal pulp. Mix it thoroughly (Stir continuously). First it turns as liquid.
10. It starts to leave the sides. Now put off the fire and add Saffron and cardamom.
11. Mix it well and shift it to the serving bowl.
Note :You need to fry rava nicely till the raw smell disappear. You can add more nuts if you wish. Adding more ghee is also optional. Keep water for boiling, Use of food colour is optional. (better not to use any artificial colour). Good and natural turmeric powder should be used.( very little or it might give bitter taste). Adding more sugar is also optional.
Time : 20 minutes (All together)
Serves : 5 to 6