Mixed Nuts Laddus are very healthy munching stuff during winter season. During winter out body dries up and these food helps to provide the need.
I have used Seseme seeds, poppy seeds, ground nuts, jaggery etc.
Lets know the benefits of having " Poppy Seeds " in our diet.
Poppy seeds contain anti - oxidants and health promoting properties. They contain mono unsaturated fatty acids that helps to lower the bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels in the blood. Poppy seeds outer coat is a good source of dietary fiber that helps to eases the constipation problems. These seeds are rich in B - complex Vitamin sources. Poppy seeds contain good level of minerals like iron, copper, calcium , potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium.
Things Needed :Ground Nuts : 2 Cups
Chenna : 1 Cup
Poppy seeds : 50 Grams.
Coconut (dry) :1 cup
Sesame seeds : 1/2 Cup
Jaggery : 1 Cup
Ghee : 1 Table Spoon
Method :1. Dry roast ground nuts and remove the outer skin and keep it aside.
2. Keep a pan on the fire put jaggery and add 1/4 of water. Let it boil nicely and jaggery completely dissolve.
3. Now sieve the jaggery water and remove the dirt from it.
5. Let the roasted ingredients cool. Dry grind dry coconut (Copra - kobbari ) and poppy seeds together.
7. Keep a big pan on the fire and put jaggery content and boil till they bubble up.
8. Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes to get the right consistency. (One string pakam).
9. Add a table spoon of fresh grated coconut.
11. Mix it nicely till they get mixed and put off the gas.
12. Add 1 Table spoon of fresh ghee and mix it well .
15. Laddus are ready to serve.
You must roast the ingredients nicely till the raw smell disappear. ( Do not over roast and burn). Do it on low flame slowly).
You can add more ghee if you wish. Adding cashew nuts adds to the taste. ( I did not add).
Adding more jaggery is also an optional. If you are not able to prepare ladu use a spoon of melted ghee on the mixture and then try. It holds it tightly or use fresh warm milk and prepare laddu. (The laddu may get spoil ) It may be kept only one or two days outside.
Time : 30 minutes
40 to 50 Laddus can be prepared.