Palak or any other edible leaves are loaded with iron and other minerals.
Lets see some benefits of eating Jeera /cumin seeds in our diet.
Cumin /Jeera seeds have wonderful flavour and aroma. They are loaded with number of health benefits. It is good for improving digestion. They are loaded with fibre and good for people who are suffering from constipation. They are good sources of potassium and it helps to regulate blood pressure and heart rate. They contain anti inflammatory, anti bacterial and anti fungal properties and they are good remedy for cold and asthma. They contain good amount of iron, and are good for people suffering rom anemia. They also contain high amount of calcium good for women.
No onion or no garlic used in this " Palak Paratha ", and it is easy to prepare. A healthy paratha for all age group, easy to carry for the traveling, kids lunch box and even for the working people.
Ingredients:Wheat Flour : 3 Cups
Palak Leaves : 1 Bundle
Jeera powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Garam Masala : /12 Teaspoon
Coriander leaves : Handful (of a small bundle).
Chilly powder : 1/4 Teaspoon
Oil : 2 to 3 Tablesppon
Salt : as required
1.Wash and cut only the leaves of palak (spinach) and keep it aside.
2. Wash and keep coriander leaves aside.
3. Now keep a pan on the fire and put 1/2 glass of water. Let it boil.
4. Add cut palak leaves and let it turn slightly cooked. (1 to 2 minutes). Remove the leaves from the pan and keep the boiled water aside.
5. Let the palak leaves cool. Grind them with coriander leaves nicely till paste. (Do not add any water while grinding).
6. Put the ground palak paste in a bowl. Add salt, garam masala powder jeera powder and chilly powder. Mix it well.
9. Dip a ball size of paratha and then roll it out like chapati.
11. Repeat the same with remaining dough and prepare parathas.
Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4 .