Lets see some benefits of eating coriander leaves in our diet.
Coriander or cilantro is a wonderful source of dietary fiber. It contain manganese, iron and magnesium. They are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and protein. They also contain a small amount of calcium, phosphorous, potassium and other minerals. (carotene, thiamin and niacin). They are rich in protein, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. They lower the bad cholesterol and helps to increase the good cholesterol. It is very good for digestive system. It is said that coriander promotes liver functions and bowel movements. It is very good for diabetes patients. It helps to lower the blood sugar levels.They contain anti inflammatory properties and anti septic properties. They are good for eyes and coriander contains high amounts of iron and is essential for curing anemia.
No Onion or Garlic is used in this " Potato-Coriander leaves Cutlet".
As I said earlier it is an easy recipe and yummy snack. Kids and all age group will surely enjoy eating this Potato Cutlet.
You can use these cutlets and prepare burger.
Lets see the recipe now.
Ingredients :Potatoes : 4 to 5 (medium size)
Coriander leaves : 1 Bundle
Green chilly : 1
Garam Masala : 1 Teaspoon
Chat Masala : 1/2 Teaspoon
Chilly Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Chiroti Rava/Semolina (thinner variety) : 1/2 Cup
Bread slices : 5 to 6
Ginger : an inch
Salt : as required
Oil : 1/2 Cup
Method :1. Wash and pressure cook potatoes for 6 to 8 minutes and leave it for cooling. Remove the outer skin of the potato once it is cool.
3. Wash and clean ginger and remove the outer layer and wash it again. Grate it and keep it aside.
4. Powder bread slices in hand or dry grinder. (no need to remove the sides) and keep it aside.
5. Add garam masala, chat masala, red chilly powder, powdered bread crumbs and salt.
6. Mix all the ingredients nicely and divide the dough into small portion. ( little bigger than a lemon size).
8. Take a small portion of potato-coriander dough and pat it in your hand and give a shape.(According to your wish).
9. Now dip this cutlet in dry rava (both sides) and put it on the hot tava. Sprinkle some oil on the top.
10. Cook on low flame till they turn golden brown on both sides. (Add little oil while you turn the cutlet to cook other side).
11. Remove from the pan and serve with the side dish you have prepare.
Note :You can use more oil and shallow fry the cutlet. (option). You can also add cooked peas to the dough. You can add corn flour to the ingredients. ( I have not added). Adding chat masala adds tangy taste since it contain dry mango powder(Amchoor powde) and black salt in chat masala helps in digesting the food easily. (but do not use it in more quantity - you might get stomach pain). Adding onions and garlic is purely optional.
Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 4 to 5 (depending on the size).
Using Cutlet in Buns(Burgar).
Heat the pan and cut the buns in to half.(cu it middle). Put cut buns on the tava and make it little hot. Wash and grate some carrots.
Now apply little ghee on inner side of the buns. Spread the chutney or ketch up on the top of the ghee or butter you used. Now spread some grated carrots. Put one cutlet and spread little chutney / ketch up on the cutlet. Keep the other bun and njoy.. You can add some roasted ground nuts..on the top of cutlets. It adds to the taste.