|READY TO EAT SWEET POTATO CURRY WITH HOT POORIS|
Here is a simple recipe that every one can try and enjoy having it as one of the side dish. It is easy and healthy. Not much of spices either.
I have used sweet potatoes, onions and some chilly. We had it with Poori. It goes well with rotis, chapati, dosa or idli even one of the side dish while serving with rice.
Let us see some benefits of " Sweet Potatoes " in our diet.
Sweet Potatoes are packed with nutritional values. They are filled with Vitamin A, loads of fiber and potassium. They also contain less calories. Sweet potatoes are said to be decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. they help to increase the energy and lower the weight. They help to reduce the risk of low blood sugar and insulin resistance in diabetic people. They are packed with many essential vitamins and minerals. They contain minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese and potassium. They are full of fiber and good for people who suffer from constipation and it helps in easy digestion. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin C and beta carotene and it helps o boost immunity power in the body. Sweet Potatoes have anti inflammatory properties. Sweet Potatoes are good for Eye health. ( It contain Vitamin A which is good for Vision).
Lets see the recipe Now :
Ingredients :Sweet Potatoes : 2 to 3 (Medium Sized)
Onions : 2 (Medium Sized)
Green Chilly : 2
Curry leaves : 5 to 6
Ginger : 1 Teaspoon (Grated).
Salt : To taste
Basan/Channa flour : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Jeera : 1/2 Teaspoon
Oil : 2 Tablespoons (Any cooking oil).
Method :1. Wash and remove the outer layer of sweet potatoe. Cut them into small and cook with little water. (Till soft).
3. Wash and cut green chilly and curry leaves and coriander leaves. \
4. Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger. Wash it again and grate it. Keep it aside.
5. Now keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil. Add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
6. Add jeera/cumin seeds, green chilly and curry leaves.
8. Now add little turmeric powder and mix it well. Add required salt. Add grated ginger.
9. Add cooked sweet potato once the onions turn soft and mix it well. Let it cook for 1 minute.
10. Put channa flour/besan/Kadlae hittu in a glass. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix it well.
11. Pour this besan mix to the cooking sweet potato. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Mix in between so that it does not get burnt.
12. Shift the sweet potato curry to a serving dish. Add cut coriander leaves, mix it well and serve it with the main dish you have prepared.
Note :You can add little garam masla to the curry (Add it when the curry is cooking). Adding garlic is optional. Adding more chilly is also optional. Adding gram flour/channa flour /besan helps to thicken the curry. Add a teaspoon of lemon extract. (It taste good). You can cook sweet potato (as whole ...just wash it and then cook) in pressure cooker is optional. But some time it will over cooked and smashed. The taste varies.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4