Let us see some benefits of having "Green Chilly" in our diet.
Green chilly adds taste and spice to the food. It is very rich in Vitamins like A, C B6. It contains minerals like iron, copper, potassium and small amount of protein and carbohydrates. Green chilly.
Green chilly aids in digestion. They also helps in dissolving blood clots. It increases our metabolism by burning the calories. Green chilly helps to stay in better mood. They contain good amount of anti-oxidants. They are good for eyes and immune system. They maintain the cholesterol level in our body. Green chilly contain Vitamin A and good for maintaining our bones, teeth. They also take care of good health in Intestine. Green chilly helps to keep away the wrinkles.
Lets see the recipe now : Moong Dal - Cucumber Tovve has no onion or no garlic. It can be prepared for any special day, festival or feast.
Things Needed :To Cook
Moong Dal : 1/2 Cup
Cucumber : 3 to 4 (Small sized)
To Add :
Green Chilly : 2 to 3
Ginger : A small piece
Coriander Leaves : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Salt : To taste
Gongura Chutney : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard Seasoning : 1 Teaspoon
For Seasoning :
Oil/Ghee : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafotida : a pinch
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Wash and cook toor dal. (Pressure cook for 5 to 6 minuts).
2. Wash and cut small cucumbers in to desired size. (Big/Small). Wash green chilly and cut in to big pieces. Wash ginger and remove the outer layer and wash again. Grate it and keep it aside.
4. Let it splutter. Add jeera and ingh. Add cut green chilly. Fry for 10 seconds.
5. Add cut cucumber and stir. Add a cup of water and cook for 2 minutes. Add grated ginger.
6. Add turmeric powder, cooked dal and required salt. Mix it well. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Let it cook for 1 minute. Put off the fire and shift ready dal to a serving dish.
10. Add coriander leaves and serve with hot rice and ghee.
Note :I have used Gongura chutney instead of lemon extract. Adding lemon instead of gongura chutney is optional. See that cucumber pieces cooks soft. Adding more water is optional. It taste better if the gravy is thick. Adding more/less chilly is also optional. Adding coconut gratings is optional.
Time : 20 minutes
Serves : 3 to 4 .
Gongura Chutney recipe link.....