Preparing Jack fruit dishes and enjoying the seasonal fruit is a healthy habit. In Udupi/Dakshina Kannada/ Malenadu. We have loads and loads of dishes preparedin traditional way, using Jack fruit, raw jack, jack seeds. Raw jack dry curry and sambar and many more dishes. These are just yummy to have. Likewise Jack papads are prepared in large number and dried in the sun (Hot summer) and stored to use it during rainy season. Jack Fruits dosa, idli, kadabu, appa payasa (kheer) are very famous and it is nice to eat. Here is a Jack fruit dosa recipe. We can have jack fruit dosas for breakfast or as evening snack.
Jackfruit is yummy to eat and prepare idli (Kadabu), sweet pakodas, dosas, even curries. Here is a recipe which is very easy and yum yum to have.
Jack fruit dosa is yummy to have, you can prepare dosas with or without jaggery.
You can add a little green chilly pieces or add red chilly powder (very little quantity) instead of jaggery. But remember sweet jack fruit dosa with ghee taste lovely.
Lets see the recipe Now:
Things NeededJack Fruits : 1 Bowl
Coconut : 1/2 Cup
Raw Rice : 2 Cups
Jaggery : 1/4 Cup
Salt : A Pinch
Oil/Ghee : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Method :1. Wash and soak rice for at least 1 hour.
2. Grate coconut and keep it aside. Cut jack fruits into small pieces.
3. Grind raw rice and coconut for 2 minutes. (Without water). Add jack fruits and grind.
5. Remove from the mixer and put it in a big bowl. Add salt and mix it well.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle oil and spread it around the pan.
7. Put a ladle of jack fruit dosa dough and cook on low flame. Cover with the lid.
8. Now put little oil on the top of dosa and turn it . Let the other side cook . (10 to 15 seconds).
9. Jack Fruit dosa is ready to serve. Serve with a spoon of ghee on the top.
Note :Preparing Jack fruit dosa on nonstick pan is easier. Adding Ghee instead of oil taste better.
Adding more jaggery is optional. You can use Medium size rava is healthy option. Use of more jack fruits taste better.
Time : 20 to 25 minutes + Soaking time : 2 hours. Grinding : 5 minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3
You can also prepare guli appa/kuli appaam/Gundponglu with the same dough.
You need Kuli appam pan
Jack Fruit dosa dough
Keep a kuli appam pan on the fire and heat. Put oil to each guli (round) appam (nice food), add a spoon of dough to each portion and sprinkle oil on the top. Cook on low flame for 1 minute and turn the other side and cook for 30 seconds. Jack fruit Guli Appa is ready to serve.
Serve with ghee on the top.