This is a side dish and goes well with idli, dosa, chapati,roti, plain rice and any type of rotti. (Ragi rotti, akki rotti etc).
Lets see some benefits of having cinnemon in our diet.
Cinnemon may lower blood sugar in type One or type Two diabetes. It is rich in anti aging property. It helps to reduce blood pressure and it helps in raising the good cholesterol and reduces the bad cholesterol level. Cinnemon is rich in anti oxidants, antifungal, anti bacterial and antiviral properties. It helps in clearing up mucus and eases the breating circulation. It is also rich in anti inflammatory properties.
Lets see the recipe Now:
No Onion or No Garlic is used in Lady Finger curry. It is an easy and quick dish if you have this particular spice powder ready.
Things Needed :Lady Finger/Bendekai : 8 to 10
Moong Dal : Handful ( 2 Tablespoons)
Spice powder : 2 to 3 Teaspoons
Tamarind : 1 Tablespoon
Jaggery : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : As required
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera : 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Ingh /Asafoetida : a pinch
Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Method :1 Wash and remove all the moisture from lady finger. Cut them in to small pieces.
2. Soak tamarind in hot water for 5 minutes and squeeze out the pulp.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and put oil and heat. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
4. Add jeera and ingh. Add curry leaves. Add cut lady finger and fry till they turn golden brown.
6. Add tamarind pulp, required salt, a pinch of turmeric powder and jaggery. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
7. Add friend lady finger and mix it well. Let it boil for a minute. Stir once.
8. Add spice powder and mix it well. Let it cook for 2 minutes. Shift the curry to a serving dish.
9. Add cut coriander leaves and serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Fry lady finger pieces nicely so that it does not get sticky. Adding any spice is optional. Ex: Rasam powder, Sambar powder, Garam Masala etc. I prefer using home made powder. It is always better to use home made spices. Adding more/less jaggery is optional. Adding a spoon of ghee is optional.
Adding toor dal instead of moong dal is optional. Moong is known as healthy dal.
Time 20 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4
Recipe for Spice Powder ",Things needed :
Methi Seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Coriander Seeds : 2 Tablespoon.
Jeera : 1/2 Teaspoon
Channa /Kadale bele : 1/2 Teaspoon
Clove : 1
Cinnnemon : A very small piece. (Just to add some aroma)
Red chilly : 5 to 6
Dry roast all the ingredients one by one til they get good aroma and turn slightly golden brown.
Keep a pan and dry roast methi till it turns brown (roasted brown), add channa dal and dry roast, add jeera and red chilly Roast it on low flame so that not get burnt. (Should be careful),
Add clove and cinnemon piece and roast it nicely. Remove it from the pan and let it cool.
Dry grind this masala and enjoy. Add only 2 to 3 teaspoons of the powder to the curry at a time. (one time).