I have used tomatoes, cabbage and Moong dal.
Let us see some benefits of having " Garam Masala in our diet ".
Garam Masala is mixed spice powder. Coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom, clove, fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, pepper pods, nutmeg and other spices are roasted slowly and then ground together to prepare home made garam masala powder.
Garam Masala helps to fight disease and build immunity. It helps to relieve pain and inflammation.
It slow down the aging process. It helps to lose weight. Garam Masala helps the food to digest easily and keep our body warm. It helps to lower the blood sugar level and detoxify the body. They also hep the bad breath away.
Let us see the recipe Now :
No Onion or No Garlic is used in this "Cabbage - Tomato Dal".
Ingredients :Moong dal/Toor dal : 1/2 Cup
Cabbage : 2 Cups
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Tomatoes : 2 to 3
Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Rasam Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Ghee : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Dry ginger powder : 1/4 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Coriander leaves : 1 Tablespoon
Method1. Wash and cut cabbage into small pieces. Wash and remove the seeds and cut tomatoes.
2. Wash and cut green chilly.
3. Wash and cook moong/toor dal in a pressure cooker and keep it aside.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil, mustard seeds and jeera.
5. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add curry leaves and cut green chilly.
6. Add cut cabbage and fry it for a minute. Now add cut tomatoes and mix it well.
7. Add turmeric powder and a glass of water. Let the cabbage and tomato cook nicely till soft.
8. Add cooked moong dal and mix it well. Add salt and let it boil for a minute.
9. Add garam masala and rasam powder and mix it well and water if required.
10. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
11.Shift the curry to a serving dish. Add ghee and coriander leaves.
12. Serve it with the main dish you have prepared.
Note :Pressure cooking the dal mixes well with cabbage and tomatoes. Adding any spice of your choice is optional. Adding more/less spice and oil is optional. Adding ghee is optional. Adding onions and garlic to the curry is optional.
Time : 25 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4.