Now a days there are lots of Holige selling shops in each road and people just buy from their and add it to their menu and enjoy eating them.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :For the Outer layer :
Wheat flour : 3 Cups
Chiroti Rava /Thin variety of semolina : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : 2 pinches
Cooking Oil : 1/2 Cup
For stuffing :
Chiroti Rava : 2 Cups
Jaggery : 2 Cups or little more
Cardamom : 5 to 6 pods
Ghee : 1/2 Cup
Turmeric powder : 1/4 Teaspoon
1. Mix salt, chiroti rava and wheat flour with required water. Add 2 tablespoons of oil on the top and let it rest for an hour.
2. Keep water for boiling. ( 4 cups of water for 2 cups of chiroti rava).
3. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put 2 tablespoons of ghee. Add chiroti rava and fry on low and medium heat.
4. Fry rava till the raw smell disappear. Add boiling water and mix it nicely and let it cook for a minute.
5. Add powdered jaggery and mix it well. Let it mix well with cooked chiroti rava. Add a spoon of ghee. (Tablespoon).
6. Keep stirring till it thickens. Add the remaining ghee and cardamom and mix the sweet content nicely.
7. Put it on a plate/tray and let it cool.
8. Divide the wheat dough in to small portions. ( 20 to 22 portions can be made).
9. Now mix the rava jaggery mixture and divide them into small portions.
10. Take a small divided portion of wheat flour and stuff a small portion of rava jaggery mixture.
11. Fold the sweet mixture in wheat flattened chapati. Give a round shape.
12. Keep a bowl of dry wheat flour by the side.
13. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Clean it with a kitchen tissue.
14. Take a stuffed wheat dough and dip in dry wheat and roll it on chapati plank (chapati Mane).
15. Flatten as round circle. Do not put your weight or it might tare.
16. Place this rolled sweet holige on the tava and cook on both side.
17. Holige is ready to serve. Serve Hot " Rava - Jaggery - Wheat Holige " with ghee on the top.
18. Repeat the same with remaining dough and sweet rava mixture.
Here is a video of preparing Rava - jaggery - wheat Holige
Try - comment and share...
Note :Wheat dough should be soft and easy to roll. Adding more oil to prepare the dough and cooking holige is optional. Adding more jaggery is optional. Rolling thin/thick holige is optional.
Do not put weight while rolling
holige. It might tare. Handle the holige with slow and soft touch. Use of sugar and all purpose flour to prepare holige instead of wheat flour and jaggery is optional. (wheat and jaggery healthy option).
Time : Total time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes.
25 Holiges can be prepared. (According to the size).