It is always better to try some thing healthy and not effecting the health. Though the spices are good to our health it should be minimum. It is always too much is too bad. (The proverb).
I have used capsicum, lady finger, some fresh home prepared spice and little coconut.
Let us see some benefits of using " Coconut Oil " in our diet.
Coconut oil is good for improving digestion and strong immunity. It is good for skin and hair care. Coconut oil helps to fight against infections. It reduce the protein loss and nourish our body. Prevents high cholesterol and blood pressure. Strengthen immune system in our body. Controls blood sugar levels and improves insulin production. Improves bone and dental health. Prevents wrinkles, sagging and dryness of the skin. It helps to increase metabolism and helps in weight loss.
Let us see the recipe now:
No Onion or No Garlic Recipe.
Things Needed :Capsicum : 2
Lady Finger : 250 Grams
Spice powder :
Urid Dal : 1 Teaspoon
Channa Dal : 1 Tablespoon
Red chilly : 4 to 5
Coriander Seeds : 1 Tablespoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Cinnamon : Very small piece. (Just to add the aroma)
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Coconut oil : 2 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafoetida : A pinch
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
To Add :
Fresh coconut : 2 Tablespoons
Fresh coconut oil : 1 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Turmeric powder : A little
Spice Powder : 2 Tablespoons
Lemon : 1/2 Lemon extract.
Method :1. Wash and let all the water dry up in lady finger. Cut them into small pieces.(Thin circle shape).
2. Wash and remove the seed part from capsicum and cut into small pieces.
3. Dry roast/fry channa dal, urid dal, coriander seeds, red chilly, cinnamon piece and jeeera.
4. Add curry leaves and ingh to roasted ingredients. Let it cool. Dry grind it. Keep it aside.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put a tablespoon of oil, mustard seeds and jeera.
6. Let it splutter. Add curry leaves and ingh/asafoetida. ( A little).
7. Add cut lady finger/bendi and fry till they turn slightly soft.
8. Add capsicum and fry along with ladyfinger. (On low flame). Let it turn soft.
9. Add Salt and dry ground spice and mix it slowly. Let it cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Stir.
10. Add lemon and stir once.Shift the ready " Capsicum - Bendi Fry " to the serving dish.
11. Add coconut and cut coriander leaves. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil.
12, Serve with the main dish you have prepared.
Note :Use of coconut oil is optional. (You can use any cooking oil of your wish). Lady finger should be dry and all moisture should be removed before cutting or it might turn sticky while frying. Adding fresh spice powder is optional. You can prepare the powder previously and make use of it whenever you want. Adding fresh coconut is also optional. Fry the vegetables on low flame. Adding onions and garlic is optional. Taste differ.
Time : 15 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3.