I have used carrot chutney, millet flour, rava/semolina, coriander leaves.
Carrot chutney is prepared using sauteed carrots and chilly and fresh grated coconut.
Let us see some benefits of having "Tamarind" in our diet.
Tamarind is a delicious, sweet and sour fruit which is widely used for medicinal and culinary purpose. They help to reduce inflammation in our body. They help to improve vision, boost respiratory healthy. Good for healing the skin conditions and improve our digestive system. Tamarind helps in relieving the pain and boost our immune system. It helps to lower the cholesterol and protects against parasites and worms. They are rich in vitamin C, E and B, calcium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, manganese and dietary fiber. They have good source of antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
Let us see the recipe now:
No Onion or No Garlic recipe...
Ingredients :Carrot Chutney : 1 Small Bowl ( 3 to 4 Tablespoons)
Millet/Jola/sorgham/Jowar Flour : 2 Cups
Rava/Semolina : 1/2 Cup
Coriander leaves : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Water : 2 to 3 Cups or as required
Cooking Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Method :1. Wash and cut coriander leaves and keep it aside.
2. Put carrot chutney in a big bowl. Add little water and make it more liquid.
3. Add millet/jowar/sorghum flour and mix it a little.
4. Add 1/2 cup of rava and mix it nicely. Add cut coriander leaves.
5. Add little salt and required water. ( 2 to 3 Cups of water ).
6. Let the dough be like rava dosa consistency.
7. Keep tava/pan on the fire and heat. Add a teaspoon of oil. Spread it around the pan. (Rava dosa type).
8. Let the flame be medium. Take a ladle full of the dough and just slowly spread it on the tava.
9. Pour the dough like rava dosa.
If you can not pour the dough evenly do this : Hold the tava handle and turn it slowly. So the dough spreads it slowly to all the side. Keep back the tava/pan on the fire. Put 1/2 teaspoon of oil on the top and around the dosa. Cover and cook.
10. Let it cook on low and medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. At the beginning it should be low.Then cook on medium heat for a minute. Do not turn the high flame. It might get burnt.
11. Serve hot and spicy dosa with jaggery/honey/or the side dish you have prepared.
12. We had it with organic Joni Bella which I got from Shobha Somayaji from Sagar.
Time : 15 Minutes. (If the chutney is already done Or another 10 minutes for preparing chutney).
Note :Chutney contain coconut, green chilly, coconut, ingh/asafoetida in it. Do not use stale chutney. It might affect your health. I have used the chutney done in the afternoon. We had this dosa for dinner.
Jola/Jowar/Sorghum flour adds to the crispness in dosa. Rava helps to hold the dough nicely. You can also use chiroti rava instead of medium size rava. Adding more chilly is optional. I wanted the dosa to be mild. Use of coconut helps to add aroma to dosa.
Preparation of Carrot chutney:Put a teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan and heat. Add ingh, curry leaves and washed and cut carrots. Fry nicely for 2 to 3 minutes and then grind it with a cup of coconut, tamarind and salt. ( Use only required water to grind. Remove the chutney from the mixi jar and serve. (It good to have with plain rice with ghee, dosa, chapati etc.