Here I have tried baby potatoes with capsicum which is a very good combination for curd rice and goes well with chapatis, roties, bread and most of the main dishes.
It is easy, quick and simple stir fry. Try and enjoy.
All I have used is baby potatoes, capsicum and some simple spices.
Remember that do not load your food with lots of spices. It might effect your health.
Eating boiled potatoes are always good for health. They provide energy to our body. They are filled with carbohydrates.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Baby Potatoes : 10
Capsicum : 2
Pepper Pods : 4 to 5
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1 Teasppon
Green chilly : 2
Salt : As required
Garam Masala : 1/2 Teaspoon
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 2 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafoetida : A pinch
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6 leaves
Method1. Wash and boil potatoes and remove its skin.
2. Wash and remove the inner seeds of capsicum and cut into small pieces.
3. Dry grind pepper and jeera to powder.
4. Wash and cut green chilly into slice ( just slit).
5. Keep a big pan on the fire and heat. Put oil and mustard seeds and 1/2 Teaspoon of jeera.
6. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add slit green chilly, ingh and curry leaves. Fry it.
7. Add cut capsicum and fry till they turn slightly soft.
8. Poke baby potatoes with a knife edge slightly and make small holes.
9. Put baby potatoes to frying capsicum and stir slowly.
10. Add required salt, pepper jeera powder, garam masala powder and a pinch of turmeric powder.
11. Stir slowly and let it cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Stir in between.
12. Shift the ready baby potatoes and capsicum curry to a serving bowl and serve with the main dish.
Note :Do not over cook potatoes. All it to cool and then remove its skin. Adding any spice is your choice. I have used MTR garam masala. Adding more oil helps the curry to be tasty. But not good for health.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3 .