Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Things Needed :
Monday, October 29, 2018
Akki Tari Uppittu brings back the hidden memories. We two sisters used to fight with amma to prepare our favourite food for breakfast. I like uppittu the most even from those days and my sis likes Avalakki. Most of the time I used to get what I want and give a big smile at my sister for winning. She is ok, ok with what ever it is because she too liked the uppittu that amma made. What ever you say, the big cup of coffee and Hot spicy uppittu goes hand in hand. Eating 1 gulp of uppittu and sip a drop of coffee mast mast maja / Great fun.
After a long time I am preparing this Akki Tari Uppittu. This Akki Tari was brought to prepare some quick Avalakki mosaru /curd idli. Then the left rava is just lying in the kitchen shelf. So wanted to prepare this Akki Tari Uppittu because one of our friend in face book reminded about Akki tari uppittu and its yummy taste.
Let us see the recipe Now :
No Onion or Garlic is used here.
Things Needed :Akki Tari / Raw Rice Rava /Rice Semolina : 2 Cups
Ginger : An inch
Fresh Coconut : 1 Cup
For Seasoning :
Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Urid dal : 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 6 to 10 Leaves.
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Ghee : 2 To 3 Tablespoons of Ghee
Salt : As required
Boiling Water : 4 Cups.
Method :1. Wash and cut green chilly, curry leaves and grate coconut. Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger and grate it. Keep it aside.
2. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil, mustard seeds and urid dal.
3. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add cut green chilly and fry for a minute.
4. Add curry leaves and fry for a second.
5. Add Rice Rava /Akki tari and fry nicely for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame.
6. See that it does not get burnt while frying.
7. Add boiling water and required salt. Mix it well and cook on low flame.
8. Add ginger and mix it well. See that all the moisture disappear from uppittu.
9. Stir nicely and add fresh grated coconut. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of ghee and mix it nicely.
10. Leave it for a minute and put off the gas. Cover and leave it for 2 minutes.
11. Shift the ready the Akki Tari Uppittu to a serving bowl.
12. Serve with pickle/coconut chutney/any type of mixture / fried eatables and a cup of Coffee / Tea.
Note :Fry Akki Rava on lower and medium flame. Do not burn the bottom because the uppittu smells burnt.
Adding more /less oil is optional. Adding ghee adds to the taste. Adding onion is optional. It is an easy digestive food and all age group people can enjoy this Uppittu. Adding more coconut gratings adds to the taste.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.
Sunday, October 28, 2018
It is an easy dish and good for all age group.
Eating fresh coconut is good for health. It helps to keep our skin soft and smooth.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Capsicum : 1 (Medium size)
Carrot : 1 ( Big )
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Fresh grated coconut : 1 Bowl
Tamarind : 1 Small Marble size
Ginger : An inch.
Methi seeds/Fenugrik seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Pepper Pods : 3 to 4
Salt : As required
For seasoning :
Coconut Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Wash and remove the seeds from capsicum and cut into small pieces.
2. Wash and scrape out the outer layer of carrots and cut into small.
3. Wash and slit green chilly and keep it aside. Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger and wash it again.
4. Wash curry leaves and keep it aside. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add coconut oil, pepper pods and methi seeds. Fry till they turn golden brown.
7. Put off the fire and add grated coconut and tamarind.
8. Grind it with required water and salt. ( Add water little by little).
9. Grind it til it turn as required consistency and remove from the mixi jar.
10. Add coconut oil, mustard seeds, ingh and curry leaves seasoning and serve.
Note :Slightly frying the vegetables adds taste. Grinding chutney either coarse or into fine paste is optional.
Use of more / less coconut is optional. Use of more /less chilly is optional.
Time : 10 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3
Onion Uttappa / Onion Dosa is one of the famous Dosa for many people. It is very yemmy, easy and filling Dosa and it keeps you full for a lo...
My name is Nalini Somayaji. Teaching is my profession. Cooking is my passion. Reading, travelling, visiting new places, having fun with kids are some of the hobbies I can say. My recipes are Healthy, quick, easy and simple. Grown up being a traditional family member I love and respect Indian culture and traditions. Love classical dance and music.
Learn More →