Here I have used Rice flour, coconut and salt. It is also known as Uddu Rotti because it can be spread easily on the hot tava. No onion or any vegetable is used here so that it can be spread easily.
Make sure you use fine rice flour and gives a soft and good texture.
It can be prepared easily and is healthy too. We can have these Akki Rotti for breakfast or dinner.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Rice flour : 2 Cups
Coconut : 1 Cup
Salt : As required
Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Method :1. Boil a cup of water and put off the fire. Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of rice flour and stir nicely.
Grate coconut and dry grind it.
2. Take a big bowl and add rice flour, rice flour mixed water and coconut. Add salt to it.
3. Leave it for 5 minutes. Now mix all the ingredients nicely. Add water if required. The batter should be loose.
4. Keep a tava on the fire and heat. Clean with a kitchen tissue.
5. Add a teaspoon of oil and spread it with a spatula./Moguchuva kai. ( Kannada word for spatula).
5. Take a handful of the rotti batter and spread it nicely on the tava/pan. Let the flame be low.
6. Put a teaspoon of oil on the top, cover and cook for a minute.
Turn the other side and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Akki Rotti is ready to serve.
8. Repeat the same with remaining batter.
9. Serve Akki Rotti with a teaspoon of ghee / butter and the side dish you have prepared.
Note :Mixing little rice flour with boiling water helps the rotti to be soft. You can add all the flour and mix it with boiling water. (Optional). Adding Avarekai /field beans adds to the taste. Do not add any chilly or any thing to get the original taste. This is one of the traditional dish. Keep the flame low while you spread the batter on the hot tava. You can also sprinkle some water on the hot tava and clean it out to reduce the heat. Adding more coconut adds to the taste.
Time : 30 Minutes.