It is a good filling and energy providing drink. Carrot lassi helps to keep us fit during fasting /Maha Shivaratri Upavas and Ekadashi Upavas. It provides energy and good for people who are into diet.
Carrot Lassi is one of the healthy lassi which provides vitamin and minerals to our body.. I have used carrot, banana, honey and a tablespoon of curd. Curd helps to cool the body and adds taste .This Lasso helps the body to be cool and quench our thirst in all the seasons.
Ingredients :Carrot : Medium size : 1
Banana : ( Small size ) : 1
Honey : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Milk : 1/2 Cup
Curd : 2 Tablespoons
Ice cubes : ( Optional).
Method :1. Wash and scrape out the outer layer of carrot. Grate or cut into small pieces.
2. Grind the cut carrot in a mixi jar /Liquidizer with 1 glass of water. Let it churn nicely.
3. Remove the juice in a big bowl. Sieve it to another bowl.
4. Now add banana and 1/2 cup of milk and grind it again nicely. Add curd and honey and churn for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Shift the Lassi to serving bowl .
6. Put Carrot Lassi to serving glasses and serve. Add ice cubes just before serving. ( Optional ).
You can grate carrot or use a chopper to cut carrot into very small pieces. Grind it nicely with water. Adding jaggery or sugar is optional. I have added honey.Time : 10 Minutes.
Watch the video to prepare carrot Lassi