I have used urid dal, Wheat flour and Millet flour.
I have done in this way. Soak Urid dal and grind. In a bowl mix Millet and wheat flour with little water and grind it with required water. Now mix urid dal batter and mixed flour batter. Add required salt. Leave it for 5 minutes. Healthy Wheat - Millet - Urid dal dosa batter is ready to prepare dosa. The batter can be used as soon as you grind or it can be fermented for 5 to 6 hours and then prepare dosa. The fresh batter turns dosa soft and the fermented batter helps the dosa to be crispy.
Diabetic Friendly, diet friendly, Millet Dosa / Dose is good for breakfast / snack or even dinner.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Urid dal : 1/2 Cup
Wheat flour : 1 Cup
Millet flour : 1 Cup
Salt : As required
Water : As required
OIl /Ghee : As required
Method :1. Wash and soak Urid dal for 2 to 3 hours and grind it. Use required water. Keep it aside.
2. Take a bowl, add wheat and millet flour. Mix it with little water and grind it together.
3. Take a big bowl, add ground urid dal and millet flour mix. Add required salt. Mix it well. Leave
the batter for 5 minutes. Dosa batter is ready to prepare dosa.
4. Keep a dosa pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle some oil on it. Clean it with a clean kitchen tissue.
5. Take a ladle of wheat millet urid dosa batter and spread it on the tava. Let the fire on medium flame.
6. Add little oil on the top. Cover and cook for a minute. Turn the other side and cook for 30 seconds.
7. Wheat - Millet - Urid Dosa is ready to serve.
8. Serve with a side dish you have prepared. Add little ghee/butter on the top and serve.
9. Prepare dosas with remaining dosa batter.
Note :Dosa batter consistency should be bit loose. So that it spreads easily and dosa turns crisp.
Adding ghee or butter while preparing dosa is optional. As I said earlier you can ferment the batter and prepare nice dosas. (It turns crisp and nice).
Time : Urid dal soaking time 2 to 3 hours + grinding 5 to 10 minutes + preparing dosa 20 minutes.
If fermenting another 5 to 6 hours.
Serves : 3 to 4.