I have used Oats, almonds, raisins, ragi flour/finger millet flour and jaggery.
Oats are very rich in fiber and good for diet. Almonds filled with minerals and vitamins. Ragi flour is gluten free and good iron content.Raisins are best dry fruit and loaded with good health benefits. Jaggery provides energy and take care of our health.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Sesame Seeds : 2 Tablespoons
Oats : 250 Grams
Ragi /Finger Millet flour : 2 Cups
Almonds : 1 Small Cup
Raisins : 1 Small Cup
Jaggery : 1 1/2 Cups
Ghee : 1 Small Cup
Dates : 1 Big Bowl
Method :1. Dry roast sesane seeds, finger millet and Oats till the raw smell disappear. (Dry roast in low flame).
2. Dry grind Almonds, sesame seeds, Oats separately and remove it to a big bowl.
3. Powder Jaggery and keep it aside.
Remove the seeds from dates and smash the dates and see that it turns as one bundle.
4. Sieve the liquid jaggery and keep it aside.
5. Now keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put cleaned jaggery and stir till it turns into one string consistency.
6. Add raisins and mix it well and stir for a minute.
7. Put powdered Oats, Almonds and dry roasted Ragi/Finger Millet. Mix the ingredients nicely.
8. Pour jaggery mixture on the top of Ragi - Oats - Almonds powder. Do not pour at once. (
Add it little by little).
9. Add a cup of ghee and mix the ingredients nicely.
10. Take a small amount of laddu mixture and give a laddu shape. ( Round Ball shape).
11. Repeat the same and prepare all the laddu. Let it cool completely.
12. Store in a air tight box. Eat or Serve as you wish to.
Note :The jaggery consistency should be Little more than one string consistency. Adding any nuts on the top is optional. Frying raisins in ghee is optional. I have used it with out frying. Use of more ghee is optional. You can add little more melted ghee, if you feel that laddu mixture is dry and not able to prepare laddu. (If it dries up it breaks while you are making laddu).
You can also use organic joni bella to prepare the laddu. No need to clean it.
Time : 30 to 40 Minutes.