These crispy Nippattu has little Millet flour and chiroti rava /thin variety of rava in it.
I have used rice flour, chenna /hurikadale /pottu kadale, millet flour, chilly powder, jeera, ingh and little rava/semolina in it.
I tried this fried fritters and it was really yummy. Some people do not like very crispy and they want the bite to be bit hard too. I thing Millet flour adds the crunchiness and the bit hardness to Nippattu.
Mr. Sadashiva Mailankody has put up this recipe and as usual I tried this Nippattu since it is a fried dish. I am very much love the varieties of fried dishes.
No Onion or No Garlic is used in this Nippattu.
Things Needed :Rice flour : 2 1/2 Cups
Jola/Millet flour : 1/2 Cup
Putani/chenna /Huri Kadale : 1/3 cup
Butter : 2 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Chilli Powder : 1 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Sesame seeds : 1 Tablespoon
Oil : 1 1/2 Cup
Method :1. Dry roast rice flour for 2 to 3 minutes. Let it cool
2. Add millet /Jola flour .
3. Dry grind chenna /putani and add it to rice flour.
4. Now add butter, red chilly powder, salt, sesame seeds, jeera and little ingh.
5. Mix all the ingredients nicely and add required water and prepare the dough.
5. Kneed the dough well and divide them into small portions.
6.Take a butter paper or put little oil on your palm.
7. Take a small portion of the dough and spread it slightly and make small pooris
9. Put the small puri in hot oil. lower the flame and fry on low and medium flame.
10. At time you can fry 3 to 4 puris. Fry on both sides and remove it from the pan.
11. Put it on the kitchen tissue. Repeat the same and prepare all the Nippattu.
12. Now let it get cool. Put them in a air tight bottle or box.
13. Serve it with a cup of coffee /tea/juice.
14. Munch at any time you want to.
Note :Frying on low flame helps the Nippattu to get crispy. You can use hot oil instead of butter.
Do not add much oil. It might get broken in to pieces while frying.
Adding more chilly is optional. Do not add more Huri Kadale /putani/roasted chenna. Nippattu dough turns very soft and you might not get the round shape.It might absorb more oil.
Time : 40 Minutes.
Serves : 20 to 25 Nippattu.