Channa dal vada is prepared using Channa dal as main and the other ingredients like onions, coriander, curry leaves, ginger and some time add some leaves like methi, dil etc.
Here I have tried this Masla Vada with carrots and no onions are used here.
These Masala Vada can be prepared during festivals, feast since they have no onion or garlic added.
Yummy Vadas are crispy outside and soft inside, with mild spicy you can enjoy them thoroughly.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients needed :Chana dal : 1 1/2 Cup
Carrots : 1 Big One
Jeera /Cumin seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Ginger : An inch
Coriander leaves : 1 Handful
Curry leaves : 8 to 10
Salt : As required
Coconut : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Cooking Oil : 1 Cup
Method :1. Soak Channa dal for an hour and remove the water completely Grind it coarsely. Use of water should be very little while grinding.
2. Wash and dry grind curry leaves, green chilly, grated ginger and coriander leaves with coconut pieces.
3. Take a bowl, add ground channa dal, ground chilly mixture and salt
Grate carrot and add it to ground mixture. Mix all the ingredients nicely.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and add oil. Let it get hot.
5. Take a small portion of the ground mixture pat slightly and put it in the hot oil and fry.
6. Let it turn golden brown. Turn the other side and cook the same way.
7. Take out the fried Masala Vada from oil and then put it on the tissue.
8. Repeat the same with remaining Mixture and prepare Masala Vada.
9. Hot Masala Vada is ready to eat or serve.
10.We had it with our lunch.
Note :Do not grind into paste consistency. It should be coarse consistency. Do not add so much water while grinding. Vadas might turn soft like bondas and taste might differ. Cook on medium hot oil.
Time : 30 to 40 minutes.
Serves : 20 Vadas can be prepared.